To use the xDai sidechain and perform transactions on xDai, we need to add the xDai sidechain network to Metamask. The xDai sidechain is a network seperate from ethereum, and therefore Metamask needs to know which URLs to use to send transactions and get info from.
Adding a New Network
- Open Metamask
- Click on your user icon on the top right
- Click "Settings"
- Click "Networks"
- Click "Add Network" at the bottom
xDai Network Details
- Network Name: xDai
- New RPC URL: https://rpc.xdaichain.com/
- Chain ID: 100 (0x64 if that does not work)
- Currency Symbol: xDai
- Block Explorer URL: https://blockscout.com/xdai/mainnet
Click "Save" and you are done. Now when you want to use a dapp on xDai, or view your assets on xDai, make sure the "xDai" network is selected on the network dropdown on the top part of the main view of Metamask.